What is LearnDash?
LearnDash is a WordPress plugin used for setting up online courses. It is a leading elearning solution utilized by educational institutions, non-profit organizations, web developers, and CEU training organizations.
What is LearnDash 3.0?
This is the latest updated version of the online course platform, and it promises both attractive, professional-looking content and an engaging learning experience for the students. In addition, this collection of features, plus more, work together to provide a product that is truly separate from others of its kind.
• Appealing display of course content.
• Informative and intuitive profiles.
• Straightforward navigation tracking.
• Numerous progress status points.
• Clear notifications of information, success, and warning.
• Direct materials presentation.
What is BuddyPress?
BuddyPress is another WordPress plugin. It is used for building community websites and has features such as member profiles, user groups, notifications, messaging, activity streams, etc. They’re most commonly used for school-based social networks, niche-based social networks, internal communication for companies, and focused community forums for services and products.
What is BuddyPress for LearnDash?
The integration of these two plugins allows elearning websites to create a community around their course offerings. By tying in a LearnDash course with a BuddyPress group, the following features are enabled:
• Automatic addition of course participants to relevant groups, which are private only to course participants and invited members.
• Accessibility and visibility of course lessons to the group.
• Optional streaming of course activity into the group feed (when a user starts or completes the course, when a user creates or completes a lesson or topic, when a user passes a quiz, when a user comments on a lesson page, etc.)
Addition of forum to the group so members can discuss the course in just one central location.
What is LearnDash?